Thursday, March 5, 2015

Time to pick color!

I headed up to the Hyde Avenue project to do a color consult for the interior of the home. I arrived to a very busy project site. The insulating company was there. Our crew was running around finishing up details to the exterior of the home- trims, soffits, facia etc. Whatever needed to be done to put a house back together that has undergone a roof re-do. The roof is on, tar papered and ready for shingles which are scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday. 


The insulating company was insulating the living room ceiling when I walked into the house. (that roof section was opened up completely to the sky). They were using a process to insulate from inside by adding a mesh wire which was then covered with plastic, then dry insulation shot in through an opening. Sheet rock will then cover all that up.

We offer my design assistance for our projects http://applewoodremodelers.com/services/, so I was on the job site to meet with the homeowners to help them in pick out new interior colors for the living room, kitchen and hallway. These rooms are all connected, so the color palette needs to work well together. They brought a new area rug for the living room which was a great help for me to gain a good understanding of their color preferences. The Carpenter also brought in samples of the stone and tile for the beautiful new fireplace. We also looked at the kitchen cabinets, flooring and granite as part of the color decision process.

After finishing our color consult in the kitchen I returned to the living room (had to walk around what appeared to be a permanent wall that was up between the kitchen and living room, which was built just to protect the kitchen from the construction mess!) to take one final look at the colors against the area rug. Overhead the insulators were putting up large sheets of plastic. I'm sure they were thinking.. I wish that da[r]n designer would get out of here! It really was crazy busy and I worked as fast as I could. 

Next week I will continue to be involved with this project.. staining/varnishing millwork for the living room in our cabinet shop, as well as doing the actual painting! I've been doing more and more painting between my organizing work and Applewood. Anything to help out the Carpenter.

We make a good team the Carpenter and I.

~the Artist 


In the foreground is an "aluminum brake" which was being used for the soffits and facia.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.