Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Simple September

Is that possible? My list for this very first month of fall.

1. buy 3 mum plants. Introducing a fresh spot of color into my existing urns will give new life to my tired summer blooms.

2. trim green stuff. Nothing worse then overgrown shrubs that are hiding my home. Fall is the time to trim! (and the Carpenter has committed to this weekend) We also have a very full maple that needs a haircut because as pretty as it is… it feels like it's gonna grab my car in the driveway! …


3. make peace with the fact that summer is over.

4. shine windows. I try to clean just one at a time. By the time the snow flies.. the windows should be happy. Well maybe I will be happy.

5. sit by an outside fire. I've been thinking about some friends I'd like to hang with.

6. decorate for fall outside and inside. Just a little. I'm remembering it is "Simple September".

7. bake a rustic apple pie. Simple.. no fussy crust! http://www.thenest.com/Recipes/67064/detailview.aspx?id=67064&type=7&s=ice+cream&MsdVisit=1&cm_ven=Responsys&cm_cat=Nest&cm_pla=Newsletter&cm_ite=June+05,+2013 

8. plan kitchen freshening- commit to color scheme! Plan start date.

9. make pesto. not a house type thing but something I've wanted to do. I always grow basil and never use it. It's haunted me.

10. get a fresh post from the Carpenter. I don't mean a fence post. ;)

~ the Artist




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.