Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Marketing and mansions.


I've had a productive day working on marketing projects for Applewood. Met with the great guy who brought my website dreams to a reality this morning http://moderncrm.com. I've been considering refreshing the site. It's only been up two years but that is a long time in the social media world not to be refreshed. Also the current site isn't "device" compatible which means… it's a little fussy to view on a smart phone or small device. …

We found a "theme" that could plug into my existing WordPress template which would seriously update the current site. And it will make viewing on phones nice too. Now the work is on me to make the decision to move forward.. put together a layout to see how the current site would look in a new set of clothes and purchase the theme so Steve can start exploring to see if this theme will easily accommodate the Applewood site content and graphics.

I also spoke with our account rep from Angie's List. Recently we found out we had gotten two reviews which put us on the map so to speak. Thankfully we got "A"s! I had spent time updating our profile and such, and needed to explore how their advertising works. Of course nothing is for free and to get the most benefit from Angie's list we need to spend some money. Getting the word out about Applewood takes time, constant effort and money. I have the time, the energy to keep pushing forward.. just need to find a small pot of gold!

On another path… I've been meaning to upload photos of the house I've been watching being transformed in downtown White Bear Lake. Keep in mind.. this house without the massive addition is quite large. The lot it sits on must be huge (a rare thing in this area) to be able to accommodate this size project. Love that they are staying with the original roof lines of the home. I can't wait to see how it turns out! This must be how the neighbors around our White Bear Lake spec home felt! Just to see a true transformation right before your eyes. We do love Cinderella stories don't we?

If you know of a great renovation project going on. Please let me know! Would love to see what our fellow contractors are doing!

~ the Artist









No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.