Thursday, July 24, 2014

Much activity in town..

The snack manager and I are back to our walking routine post vacation. I've noticed as we travel different routes around downtown White Bear Lake there is a significant amount of construction going on. New additions to older homes– a new garage, a rambler is getting a whole new craftsman style porch entry, an older home has completely disappeared and there is a big hole waiting, and I noticed the home next door looks empty. Am wondering what will be happening there. …


It is amazing to see after the 2007 housing market crash. It's taken 7 years to recover. Surely all this activity is a good sign of an improving economy. All this activity makes me want to have a project going in White Bear too! 


I am particularly intrigued by the rambler we passed today. I can tell that a lot of love is going into the project, they have beautiful new gardens out front in the midst of the construction. Ramblers just have so much potential! And they are perfect for empty nesters being all one level. I just love the large front entry porches that are so popular these days. I did another blog post awhile back where I explored ramblers more in depth. Here is the link: http://carpenterandtheartist.blogspot.com/2013/01/rambler-update.html

I also adding a photo of one of my favorite homes in White Bear. An older craftsman bungalow. It is just sweet. The minty color with black trim and the lush gardens that welcome visitors to the front porch. My front porch shade garden was inspired by this home's gardens.


You might be wondering why I would show other builders work. Well because I enjoy seeing creativity and homes being restored and loved no matter who is making that happen. It's seeing a home come to life that is truly exciting to me.

Until our next walk..
~ the Artist and the Snack Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.