Wednesday, October 16, 2013

trending : gold

What is that saying? "Everything that goes around comes around." Welcome back... gold. I never wanted to see you again. I've had a serious case of gold shame. My wedding rings, the door knobs on my home (which I never got around to changing), and a ceiling fan with gold details. I did replace my kitchen cabinet knobs with oiled bronze beauties. Gold has been banished from my kitchen at least.. and I do think the rest of the "goldies" have mingled well with the bronze peeps. And actually as I "mature" I don't like things so matchy matchy anymore. Eclectic is a fun word to say.. and better to view! I like "eclecticity" a lot. (and I invented a word too!). ...


I told the Carpenter last eve about this latest trend.. and he said.. "oh no. Say it isn't so!" But it is so and I have to say... from what I've researched.. it's being used more effectively, purposely and subtly then in past years.

Gold looks most striking if introduced into a room that is predominately a cool palette– grays, whites, navy blues. This is important. If your house has a very warm palette.. be very careful with the gold. Here are some photos of ways to introduce some "gold" into your home without making it look like Las Vegas or like you are living in the Trump Tower. Simple rustic white plates with gold rim, silky drapes, velvety sofa, luxurious tufted ottoman, golden pillow, leafy autumn candy dish, elegant lamp, vanity bowl, golden backsplash tile and last in honor of this gold season we're in... sweet gold lacy paper garland and gold pumpkin place cards.

I've made peace with gold. I've maybe caught a bit of gold fever.. maybe you will catch it too?
~ the Artist





 














photo source:



Heart garland

Pillow

Lamp

Silk drapes

Sofa

Ottomon

Vessel sink

Tile

Dishes on wood

Decorative leaf dish
Pumpkin placecards

Gold wallpaper in living room
http://www.homedit.com/a-small-flat-with-a-difficult-layout-and-great-decorating-solutions/ 









No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.