Monday, October 21, 2013

painted wood floors.. yes!

I saw a post on Houzz.com about painted wood floors. Painted solid or used as a stain so the grain shows through. I find this to be a really exciting option for the right room! I wish I could say I thought of doing this! Years ago I "pickled" furniture- basically white washed pine. Never thought of trying on old wood floors! ...


I'm contemplating my 1930's oak floor in my kitchen/dining area. Much time ago when we gutted and remodeled our present home, we had plans to replace the floor. Well that never happened and in part is a good thing because this old floor is dog proof and doesn't show scratches or dirt. The only downside.. little by little it's splintering. And it isn't nice to socks. Now I'm wondering if I could paint it? 

Visit this link to see all the pretty floors! This might be the only beautiful color you see today! ~ the Artist

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/17869956/list/Eye-Catching-Colors-for-Your-Kitchen-Floor





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.