Tuesday, August 6, 2013

here I go!

oh my goodness.. on the cusp of 5000 page views! A big thanks to all who have stuck with us!

I'm also on the cusp of a new adventure... have finally collected enough furniture to kick off "A Painted Apple". I'm dipping my toe in the repurposed, refreshed painted furniture world. 

Many are already swimming in that big pond. How can I be original? And is that even possible? ...


Well I've developed a palette based on the beautiful hues of fruit. Bosenberry black, Plum purple, Apple red etc to stay connected to Applewood and my love of all things apple! I'm now researching the best paint process to use and picking a perfect fruity hue for each piece. Beyond that... I'm still undecided as to how to make my pieces original and unique from all the other painted pieces out there.

It's time to get going because the Carpenter and I have been collecting for over a year and have quite a pile of dusty, dirty, "needing some love" pieces taking up space in the cabinet shop. The Carpenter is starting to get just a bit antsy about his shop space. But in his defense... he has contributed to the ever increasing stash. He continually likes to surprise me with a treasure he's picked up in someone's yard sale or sitting abandoned along the curb. (And he will come in handy too as he uses his furniture/cabinetmaking skills to repair, he also has a paint sprayer he uses for kitchen cabinets and vanities that will be useful... this girl is lucky!) I'm not much for scouting out the actual pieces.. I'm a terrible barterer too... so I'm quite happy for him to continue to surprise me. 


I procrastinate before starting any creative adventure. Whether it's painting a canvas, knitting or gardening. I know it will be intense and I always hesitate to enter into that for some reason. Though once I jump in I'm pretty happy.

But it's time to push through this.. and just start! Otherwise I will have a lot of dusty, dirty, sad looking furniture to put out on the curb with a tattered free sign... and I will have missed perhaps creating something that will bring me some joy and make someone else happy.

so here goes. I'm diving in.
~the Artist





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.