Thursday, August 8, 2013

a palette of uses

Years ago I worked with an artist who created beautiful furniture out of shipping palettes. We had a big mail center and my friend would drag home stacks of palettes. His furniture was amazing. Ethan Allan quality. Arvid... who knew!

On Good Morning America today HGTV "Property Brothers" made a wine rack out of an old palette! I love palette furniture. Didn't always. But now I like a more eclectic decor– cottage, contemporary, industrial... a bit of "palette" would be just fine....

I searched Pinterest to find some inspiring palette furniture. I'm only posting the ones I find the most interesting and unexpected. I will also post a couple of videos.. the wine rack palette and a coffee table diy. 




a palette vanity! Maybe you think ugly.. I think in the right bath.. perfect.



outdoor furniture for those lazy summer days....



this is super easy to put together!




this is the only palette cart I could find. Looks simple enough.




a palette island! Be still my designer heart. 
The Carpenter could put this together for you too! (or for me)




a palette "on the side!"



this is the best. An outdoor cooking station/bar!! 
Such a happy cobalt blue too!



a beautiful island.. look at all the nooks and grannies!



outdoor table for two.


coffee table!


Wine rack palette video
ok. are you inspired? I'm adding palette collection to the Carpenter's to-do list.
~ the Artist
PS. All the photos are from Pinterest. Could not find any original sources to give credit. Just search palette furniture if you want to explore further. I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.