Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Between.

20799 page views!! Thank you to all who follow this blog. Since we started in July 2012 we've written 292 posts! It hasn't always been easy to find something "constructive" to be a worthy read. Along the way, I've found more material to write about from our unique experience as owners of a small construction company, rather then just sharing regurgitated information that someone else gathered. Unless.. something really strikes me as brilliant to pass along. maybe. …


Case in point… this morning I got up, made the Carpenter's lunch.. (yes that's something I started doing when I left my 9-5 job).. and before I could even get dressed I had to assist the Carpenter in preparing an invoice. He didn't so much want the assistance because he was late, but my help was necessary as somewhere along the way the font size on the master doc copy changed drastically. And to top it off my printer was printing the Applewood logo pink! 

So I found myself sitting at my computer revising the logo to be all black, resizing and sending to the Carpenter's computer so I could drop it into the invoice along with fixing the font size. A lot of running up and down the stairs… ha.. who needs to exercise?!

Today the Carpenter is somewhere. We are between projects. So this is the time he usually runs around doing material returns, chasing future project details, wrapping up last minute project details, making house calls that have trickled in, taking care of life stuff that he normally doesn't have time for when a project is in full swing. Dotting all the "i"s and crossing on the "t"s as contractors are responsible to do.

It's also a beautiful day… I wish he was out in his fishing boat. But who has time for that?

~ the Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.