Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The stuff of life.

I wish I had some impressive project photos to post. You know.. the latest trending style, expensive, innovative, photos to showcase our abilities and experience as a company. But I don't right now. It's just the way it rolls.

Currently we are on a small bathroom remodel as well as starting a large roof replacement project. Well the roof replacement will be interesting to share. Last winter we had a ton of snow and the weight of it bowed a home's roof trusses. We will be taking the roof off completely. Installing brand new trusses. …


A lot of prep to the inside of the home is going into this project to protect it, for when the sky is it's roof. Can you imagine? The homeowners have had to move out. It's been months of wrestling through insurance red tape and details. Finally.

Tomorrow our crew starts. And yes… we hire subs as needed to help on the larger projects.Tandem with the roof project we will complete the small bath remodel. I will be painting the walls. Whatever I can do to help the Carpenter. 

I'm also well into Quickbooks. I'm getting lesson #3 tomorrow. It's going well. The Carpenter is happy and I think just a bit surprised that an artist can handle numbers. 

Today we got 2" of snow. It actually was kind of nice.. we haven't had much snow this winter and the ground was looking ugly brown. I took the Snack Manager for a walk. A lady passed by us and with a big smile said… "isn't it pretty out?" I had to agree. It's nice to meet happy people now and then. A blessing. 

So here's to every day at Applewood. Not always impressive but steady. The stuff of life really.

~ the Artist




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.