Thursday, January 29, 2015

This and That.

Slices of pie.
Accounting. I'm taking over our Quickbooks work for Applewood. I mentioned previously, changes for 2015 that will help our office run smoother. Well this is a big change for us. We have been using Quickbooks, the Carpenter just doesn't have the time to keep on top of it.

Enter moi. I've been receiving Quickbooks training and so far so good. I am surprised. I thought it would be harder. It's quit intuitive and visually appealing. So for this artist, that is a very good thing! I'm excited to be able to help the Carpenter. Lighten his load just a bit. 
Website.  Making strides towards a better Applewood website. (lots of reasons to update, will still not look like a typical builders site which has worked great for us!) Now just need to finish page layouts then will meet with Steve http://moderncrm.com my web guy, who will help transition the site to a new template and website company. Too mysterious to understand unless you work with websites! The change will force me to take on full responsibility of the site. It's time. scary.

Work. This week we've had warmer weather.. and that is because we are on an inside project! A small bath remodel. A nice change. Next week's forecast shows colder temps. But of course… we will be starting a huge outside project! 

Today the Carpenter is working in the cabinet shop. He is making a custom vanity for the bath remodel. We usually only make custom cabinets for our own projects. The customer needs some specialized space for the inside of her vanity. That calls for custom. It's nice to have the Carpenter two minutes away.

The wind is gusting outside my window. I'm thinking about that chilly walk with the Snack Manager.. maybe not.

~ the Artist




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.