Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gone but home.

here I am! Did you even notice I was gone? ;) Been busy preparing for a last minute trip to see my family in another state. Consuming. Well I made it to my destination for the next 10 days. I'm sitting here with some good tunes plugged in and am feeling like writing to you. Will see if I can tie these words somehow into "home". …


First I have to say that getting here was hectic and stress filled. Flying standby is not, I say NOT for "liking her ducks all lined up in a row" girl like me. It took almost 8 hours and 3 flights to finally find myself sitting on my very own plane seat. My fly-girl sweetie sister-in-law could not pull any magic strings to get me on a plane. And boy did she try. Blessed. But in the end… a wonderful gate agent who knew my fly-girl sister took me under her "wing" and with God's help.. I made the 4th flight. Brilliant. Fabulous. I did not even care that I was sitting on a totally packed plane.. that the guy in the seat next to me kept snapping his head to his chin in sleep… that when the snack cart was right next to me.. I was completely boxed in. I tried not to think about that.

It's been a busy summer for Applewood. Not large projects. More moderate in size and scope. Financially doable projects for the average homeowner. Not glamorous or particularly impressive. But solid house updates that are necessary or long dreamed of. It's sometimes hard to post really interesting photos of our work. Because really it is in the end… mostly home remodeling these days. We've been repairing a home that had major water damage from a broken bath water valve, replaced old windows, millwork and patched in a new floor section to match an existing wood floor, we've finished a 4 season room, and are building a deck as well as replacing the deck patio door and another 4 season room windows and trim. 

The Carpenter has been flying from job to job.. project managing and meeting with potential customers in the evenings or weekends. I don't see him much. He of course has more house duties when I'm gone. Including taking full time care of our Snack Manager who at her age enjoys her little luxuries. Yesterday he took her to one of the projects. She enjoyed the attention and hopefully some snacks!

I'm looking forward to the fall. Did I really say that?! The Carpenter has promised that he is going to help me get all the "A Painted Apple" furniture pile in the shop painted and sold! He has a paint sprayer and very experienced at painting. Yes! 

So while I'm gone I will use this time to look around me, find inspiration. And enjoy being "home".

~ the Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.