Thursday, May 22, 2014

A good night to meet.


Last night I traveled with the Carpenter and the Snack Manager to meet with customers for our Apple Valley window replacement project. While the SM waited patiently in the truck (she doesn't always go but it was nice night for a drive) we had our meeting. Most project customer meetings occur after work hours in the evening or on the weekends. …


The Carpenter brought stained wood samples to verify the color that will be used to match existing trim in the home for the new windows/trim. He also went over the schedule (where they are in the waiting line) and what to expect during the course of the project- how it would affect their day-to-day life. Our meeting was two-fold as the customers are considering replacing their bath vanity.

Hence that is why I was along for the ride. I had done research to pick some styles to show the customer. In this case there are some specific storage needs for a 36" vanity. Because it would be difficult to find the drawers and door size from big box stores or on-line, we would custom build in our cabinet shop. This is a good example of when we open the door to the cabinet shop and build a cabinet.

I'm also picking out the light fixture and hardware for the vanity project. And before I do research or go on-line I find out exactly what the customer's tastes are. And I keep on top of current design trends so that what I suggest is appropriate to present market standards, yet also stays in line with the customers tastes. It's a balancing act that I really enjoy!

And this is where my design abilities come in handy. I would never ask a Carpenter to design a cabinet or a room addition or a home. They are the skilled craftsman that bring the design to fruition. They make a design work. That is their area of expertise. Their sweet spot. 

We offer my design assistance on signed jobs. That means a customer has my design skills available to them for picking out flooring, tile, paint, carpet, custom cabinets, hardware, plumbing and light fixtures. Taking on improving your home is hard enough. Having someone to help lead you through all the decisions is reassuring and saves you time.

So keep that in mind if you or someone you know has a dream for their home but has no idea where to start and is intimidated by the process.

I'd love to stop by with my paint swatch book and some good ideas for you!
~ the Artist



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.