Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Homes from scratch.

These days I'm working on some updates for our website to improve the experience and keep it fresh. 

We're also in the process of organizing the Applewood office which has led me to the discovery of some wonderful photos that will be going on the website www.applewoodremodelers.com. It is the first that I've seen these photos of three custom homes we built a few years back. I had no idea the construction of these homes was so well chronicled! With the passing of time… I now look back with an appreciation of the opportunities we were given to build these beautiful homes. It wasn't part of our business goal at the time but when the opportunity to buy the properties popped up we couldn't resist. …

We built the first two with the Carpenter's brother who also is a carpenter. We equally shared the work and the risk. The third home we tackled alone- all the risk our very own. I say risk because these were all spec homes. A "spec" home is started without a buyer. You plan for a buyer to show up during the construction phase. Well in all three cases that never happened. And the third one took two years post construction to sell. The housing market for the first two was hot. Mortgages were being given to just about anybody. By the time the third home was ready to sell.. the national housing mortgage crisis was upon us. It wasn't pretty.

I loved the first and the third homes. And because of the location.. the third home was my favorite. It was nestled right in town by the lake in White Bear Lake. During the process of selling we had the opportunity to live there briefly in order to stage the home. It was a joy to live in a small town with neighbors close by. I could just step out my front door and walk one block to the lake or three blocks to the library. It was Norman Rockwell. I felt safe. Maybe some day I will move back.

I'm excited to add some galleries of these homes to our website portfoliohttp://applewoodremodelers.com/portfolio-2/. Seeing a home built from the first scratch in the ground to the final interior shots I think will be interesting to view. And you will see how talented and knowledgeable the Carpenter really is.

~ the Artist

Some pics below of these homes in order that they were built. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.