Thursday, January 16, 2014

Layers and layers.

It's the middle of winter here at Applewood. We've been battling brutal cold, illness and snow while working too much outside this season. It's just the way it's rolled. So we make the best of it. It is all part of having a construction business in Minnesota. ...


The crew handles the cold by dressing for it. It takes layers and layers to stave off the chill. And it's hard to work in bulky layers. This is what happens when a carpenter is too ambitious in his layering...



I was reminded of this yesterday when I helped the Carpenter layer up before he headed out to the job site. When he was finally all ready to go he said.. "I've been doing this since I was 23. This has got to stop!". I felt for him.

~ the Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.