Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Surprised.


I guess times have changed some…

I am a little surprised by this. We have been getting the word out for a while now for another carpenter to join us. Last April we did the same thing and we received over 25 inquiries. This time around we have not received more then 6 contacts.

This tells me that one of a couple things is happening. ...

One…there no longer is a shortage of work. Most carpenters that want to be working are working. That is a good thing. It must mean people are really starting to spend money again and residential remodeling projects are cooking along. Or maybe all the good guys are taken.

Two…the guys who were looking for work last spring, just aren’t looking anymore. Maybe they just gave up, or maybe they just gave up looking for a job in the trades. They could have changed careers even.

I’m just a little puzzled by it all. I can’t believe work is so abundant right now that very few people are looking. I do know that we are busy right now, but I also know that a lot of companies are not that busy yet. It seems that when I talk to other contractors, I get a very mixed response. Some are as busy as ever, and some are still going week-to-week and some even day-to-day.

What I know for sure is we are busy and seem to be getting busier as the months go by. We are currently looking for a experienced carpenter that needs little direction, has a good working knowledge of all around residential remodeling, and most of all has a true desire to fit in with a group of guys that strive to be the best in what we do.

If you fit this description or know someone who would fit in with us, please send them to our website to get our contact info and to see what we are all about.

In the meantime, the 14 hour days continue….just saying that wears me out!

~ The Carpenter




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.