Thursday, May 30, 2013

the house that built me

I'm not a country fan. But this song that was sung last eve on the Oklahoma fund raiser "Healing in the Heartland" might make me a believer. Miranda Lambert's performance was full of heart and tears.

I didn't have the privilege to grow up in one home... we moved enough times to spread my memories between four homes in three states by age 18. I think that is why I've worked hard to create "home" wherever I've lived as an adult. And that is why Miranda's song resonates with me. ...


Right after the tornado hit, I started a blog post... but the disaster felt almost too sacred in its pain to write about. I think this song, and the performance by Miranda says it all. Home. Whatever your home looked like... big or small, fancy or modest... it was home to you.

I hope you had a chance to watch "Healing in the Heartland".. and that you will enjoy this video.

~ the Artist




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.