Tuesday, January 15, 2013

porch dreams

In the middle of January my thoughts turn to warm summer days sitting on my front porch. I love to sit there watching the world go by, sipping some iced coffee. The birds flit in and out of the birdbath, the shade is dappled and serene. During the wintry days the only way I can achieve my porch calm is by sitting in front of my wood stove.. but really it's not the same. I'm inside. 

I've always dreamed of having a real screened porch. I can see what it would look like on our home.. it would be perfectly perfect. I don't want a four season porch.. I want to sit completely out in the warmth and breezes listening to birdsong and cars going by and children playing nearby. Maybe I could put in some sort of fireplace to enjoy in the fall... maybe.
It would have a vaulted wood ceiling that I would paint sky blue. It would have full screen walls and I would hang curtains or shades for sun and privacy. I would have a long table with a candle chandelier hanging gracefully over it for eating by candlelight. I would also have some comfy chairs or even a small sofa for reading time. Then I would build a small pond outside which would have a little waterfall... I don't think I would ever leave my porch.

I found some great porch photos to share with you. Maybe you can build one this summer and you too can enjoy some porch calm.

 this is about the size of my front porch!

 not fond of porches on deck footings but the roofline ups the pretty factor!

 not all porches are screened. See the beautiful wood floor color!

 here's the porch blue ceiling that I dream of

 another deck porch... but again.. great steep pitched roof.

 this is an outside living space- truly!

this is my idea of paradise- porch, lake, lights 

this is a clever way to place a porch on an already existing deck! Well if the footings can handle the weight! Better ask the Carpenter!

If I can't have a porch this summer.. I would love to build one for you! Well actually the Carpenter would do the work  ;) But I'd love to help!
~ The Artist

www.applewoodremodelers.com

* all photos are from Applewood's Pinterest board- Porches. You can access Pinterest via our website- just click on the red "P".

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.