Friday, November 9, 2012

pumpkin patch update


Well the pumpkins have been harvested from my little patch. I didn't get as many pumpkins for the amount of vines that grew. I battled a severe case of leaf mildew. Overall I'd call my first experience as a pumpkin "farmer" a modified success! I have much greater appreciation now for those real farmers that get pristine unblemished pumpkins to market at exactly the right time for Halloween. (as you can see my little pies below are still not completely orange!) It isn't easy.


Here are a few photos of what I did with my little harvest. Would I do it again? Not sure. But it sure was fun to watch them grow. 



not perfect.. only a pumpkin mother could love.


my blue pumpkin that married a white pumpkin. minty green baby.


a bowl of dwarfs to greet company


my one perfect white pumpkin!

~the Artist (pumpkin farmer)


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.