Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Quiet.

Things have been pretty quiet around here. The Carpenter has been working longer days wrapping up our Hyde Avenue re-roof project– which turned out to be a lot more then just re-roofing a home. And by re-roofing I mean.. removal of the entire roof… every. single. truss. …

Fresh sheetrock, beautiful new fireplaces, recessed lighting and fresh paint encompassed this project. It's gone very well. The other day the Carpenter said that there are two times a year to take the roof off your home in Minnesota- July/Aug and Jan/Feb! Mid summers are dryer and mid winter it's too cold to snow heavy.

I've been keeping busy with Quickbooks and building a new website. Both with help. I can't wait to introduce the new site! With this new site I will be taking on full responsibility for it. My goal has been to set free our web guy. It's time to grow up!

It's also been quiet around here because our Snack Manager has been on "bed rest" for the past three weeks. She hurt her back. It's been hard to see her not herself. No walks or stairs. Ironically my car died at the same time so even if she was able to go on walks.. I've had no wheels to get her to our favorite walking path.

She seems better but different. She is turning twelve in May. She's been a super dog and brings much sunshine into our stressful building life. The Carpenter loves dogs and would have another one in a minute. I tend to hang back on that one. So we are taking one day at a time and enjoying every minute of "sunshine" we can get!

We are socked in with cool temps, gray skies and rain this week. Very typical Minnesota spring weather! We need some warmth and dry days to do final clean-up at Hyde. It's kind of a mud fest over there. I'm anxious to get back and work my clean-up magic. Call me crazy.

~ the Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.