Sunday, April 27, 2014

Got Trash?

Tomorrow, *April 26th is White Bear Lake's annual “Trash to Treasure” day. Anyone who wishes, puts out on the curb items that they have no more use for. And well as the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. 

For several years now, I have been one of those who gets up early on this day and starts to roam the streets of town. Checking every driveway that has a pile of stuff by it. I have a blast. You never know what you may find.

Since the Artist is starting to re-purpose furniture we acquire it is especially fun to find any wood furniture. I have actually been dumpster diving for a long time. I was at the dump a few months ago and pulled out four great hoop back chairs that someone had just thrown out. It is not uncommon for me to see something in someone’s trash pile on Tuesday mornings and I will stop and put it in the truck. The Artist and I just did that last weekend. We saw a chair sitting alongside the road, stopped and loaded it up.

So, with all that said, if you have any, or know anyone that has any kind of wood furniture they want to get rid of, please let us know.

We are looking for real wood, not particleboard or composite, and it needs to have some character about it. We will pick it up anytime, almost from anywhere. We usually don’t pay for anything, but our pick-ups are free.

It is our intention to fix, clean, and paint with a special paint process. We intent to hold a sale once we get many pieces done. If you would like to be notified about the sale, just drop us a note with an email address and we can contact you when we have a date.

I have to go now and get ready to dive!


~The Carpenter

*the Carpenter wrote this Friday eve. I am just posting now. He made a haul. Now I've got some work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! There will be a delay before your comment posts.